Web Application Development in Fsharp Using ASP.NET MVC
Fsharp is my new favorite language in recent times and I’ve been learning it for the last six months. I always believe the best way to learn a language / technology / framework is to create something using it and also learning from the mistakes while creating it. So, here is my attempt to create a sample web application in fsharp using ASP.NET MVC framework. In this series of blog posts I’m going to share my experience on creating “phone-cat” web application inspired from the angular-phonecat.
As it is my maiden attempt to create a relatively large web application in fsharp, if you find something that can be improved, feel free to share I’m willing to learn from you.
Blog Series Links
- Step 0 - Setting up the fsharp-phonecat Solution
- Step 1 - Creating Web Api endpoints for fsharp-phonecat using Web Api 2
- Step 2 - Creating ASP.NET MVC Razor Views for fsharp-phonecat
- Step 3 - PhoneCat Recommendation System using F# Agents, SignalR and Rx
- Step 4 - Build Automation using Fake
- Step 5 - Advanced Search DSL using FSParsec
- Step 6 - Authentication using Owin and Asp.Net Identity
- Step 7 - Validation and Error handling using ROP
- Step 8 - Adding Shopping Cart
- Step 9 - Adding Checkout
- Step 10 - Refactoring Composition Root
- Conclusion - My Takeaways